Clinical Watsu® 3: Listening To Each Body
September 21-26, 2020 (beginning late afternoon on September 21)
Contact: Tomasz Zagorski firstname.lastname@example.org
for registration, location details, and starting time on September 21
This is an exceptional course with the focus on learning the essence of Watsu – listening to and following the movements and needs of each unique person – and how to adapt this for people with special needs.
Learn how to move freely by adapting and creating movements to address the specific needs of each and every individual. We all have ‘special’ needs!
Videos will demonstrate Watsu being adapted for people with a wide variety of challenges. Additionally, one or two hands-on sessions with clients with various needs will enable participants to directly witness the extraordinary benefits of this work.
Join us! You’ll be astounded by the possibilities!
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the benefits and precautions for Watsu.
- Effectively apply advanced Watsu techniques for clients with a range of special needs.
- Modify, adapt and create Watsu techniques by knowing when a specific technique is needed, as well as when and how to modify and create techniques.
- Flow smoothly during Watsu sessions from one movement to the next following the needs of the client by adapting and creating the movements as needed throughout each individual’s session.
- Incorporate land-based therapeutic skills into your sessions.
Course Instructor: Peggy Schoedinger
Physiotherapist Peggy Schoedinger has taught over 700 courses across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa.
She teaches a full range of over 40 Aquatic Therapy and Aquatic Bodywork topics and techniques including Watsu, Ai Chi, Bad Ragaz Ring Method, Rehabilitation Applications of the Halliwick Concept, Trunk Stabilization, Aquatic Sensory Integration, and Aquatic Manual Therapy Mobilization Techniques for Joints & Soft Tissue.
Peggy created and developed Clinical Watsu and Clinical Watsu 3: Listening To Each Body.
She is the only physical therapist in the world who is a certified Watsu instructor for Watsu 1, 2 and 3. She is one of the few instructors internationally who is qualified to train and certify Watsu instructors.
Peggy blends the best of East and West into her classes. She seeks to create a loving and joyful environment where each participant is able to explore his or her unique Watsu gifts.
This page was updated on June 22, 2020